Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home Alone

So my job decided to cut hours and move everything around and so I'm stuck with a rather annoying day off inbetween my days on.

It's not so horrible, because it's the one day a week I find myself home alone, at least until school lets out. But having to be in a work mind, then a home mind, then a home mind again, then a work mind..well it's kind of annoying.

I've made a decision in my life. If I'm going to change my life. If I'm going to be happy, then I need to change multiple aspects of my life in order to enjoy the entire thing as a whole. Does this make sense? It does for me somehow. Something clicked finally and while I'm not even close to scratching the surface of many things, I found some kind of inner peace with just coming up with a plan of attack.

Writing daily has also made me happy again. I miss words. I miss concoting sentences and misuing punctuation. Someone along the way thought I had a bit of talent and I was published in a small newspaper for two years. And then I moved on.....

I lost writing and by doing that, lost a piece of myself. Those are the pieces that I want to reclaim.

So here I sit with a cup of coffe, my keyboard, and Mraz in the background just clicking away thoughts of randomness and loving it.

Simply J

2 comments:

Mama S said...

Writing is likely the only thing keeping me sane some days...

Simply J said...

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it, how much of it was a part of me until I remembered it. It's nice to find it again. It's almost like coming home after you've been gone way too long.

Thanks for the follow btw. I really enjoy your blog.