Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rockin the Gray

Today is rather chilly outside but the sun is shining bright. I have to go to work today and it's a weird feeling after being off for a week and a half. I almost don't want to go.

E and I had this huge fight the other night. Not like..huge..but HUGE. She hates the winter, the cold, and the snow. She longs for beaches, surfing, and sand. See we were raised on two seperate coasts. I'm a native East coaster, and she's from Hawaii. Now here we are raising two children in the Midwest. Culture shock all around.

I've been to Hawaii and it was nice, but I'm not sure if I ever want to live there. It's great for some people who have that kind of life in their souls, but I'm not sure if I'm one of them. Tropical beaches are beautiful, magical, and surreal, but I miss the shore. I miss choppy ocean and lighthouses. The cold breeze that comes in off of the water while fishing boats slowly float by. I miss the rocky cliffs that overlook foamy waves.

In a nutshell, we love two different kinds of beaches. We've thought about going to Seattle. The best of both worlds. We might have to look a little bit more into that.

I guess I really am gray.

We were sitting at dinner a few days ago, probably a day before this fight and my daughter randomly said, "If I was a color, what color do you guys think I would be?".

We named my open hearted, soft souled daughter the color green. E was the color pink. My lil guy was the color red because his favorite race cars are red. When it came to me, without a blink they said, "Well you're the color gray."

That kinda took me back for a moment. A quick explanation came after probably because of the look on my face. They didn't think I was just the color gray, but all of the varying colors associated with it. I could be brillant white, or as dark as black with varying degrees in between.

I wonder if they think I'm bi-polar. LOL.

I'm not sure what color I am today. Maybe a really light gray, like a heather gray. I'm in a cool mood. Looking forward to going back to work, kinda. Gonna rock some Mraz on my 45 min trip into work. All is right with the world at the moment.

I guess I'll just rock the gray.

Simply J

No comments: